St. Canice Catholic Church
St. Canice Catholic Church was built in 1864 to replace a previous structure destroyed by fire. It occupies the site of Nevada City’s first Catholic church, which opened for services in the spring of 1853. Father John Griffin held the first services here and was responsible for its name, christening it after a cathedral from his birthplace, Kilkenny, Ireland. It is located at 317 Washington Street.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|