The Masonic Hall was completed in 1870, some thirteen years after Summit Lodge No. 112 was granted its charter. Raising the money apparently took some doing. The Masons held their meetings on the upper floor, while Dr. James Lowe rented the lower, where he operated a drug store for many years. The balconied, two-story building is located on a knoll above Main Street, facing the river below.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|